This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division.
Section 2 – General Job Description
The Sr. Network Security Engineer, IT Network Delivery Program Services is responsible for the technical leadership, execution and delivery of next generation software defined infrastructure; firewall technologies, intrusion detection/prevention technologies, micro-segmentation, SD-WAN, VPN, other data center technologies and continuous process improvements.
Section 3 – Job Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications – Education & Prior Job Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
• 5+ years of experience in a Network Security environment working with firewalls, VPN, IDS/IPS
• 3+ years of experience in delivering Software Defined Infrastructure, leveraging automation, orchestration, scripting technologies. Python or Java experience is preferred.
• Senior Level experience with Data Center infrastructure solutions: VPN, Cisco (Route and Switch), Palo Alto (FW + IDS/IPS functions), Trend Micro DSM (Micro-segmentation) – host based firewall.
• Experience with migrations of Cisco firewalls to Palo Alto using Expedition.
• Demonstrated experience creating and implementing workflows and blueprints.
• Strong experience in building site to site VPN tunnels for both Cisco and Palo Alto’s platform.
• Experience in working with Palo Alto Wildfire and Threat prevention for Intrusion and Detection.
• Experience in working with Palo Alto Global Protect.
• Experience in providing security consulting services to IT organization and confirm adherence to Company’s security policy and regulatory requirements such as PCI, PII, HIPAA, and SOX.
• Campus LAN and WLAN solutions, also implemented on Cisco products, network segmentation and access control in remote offices and campus locations
• Programming/scripting languages and frameworks knowledge and experience, in support of automation (Python, Ansible, etc…) and also worked with Palo Alto’s rest API.
• Understands and effectively articulates the implications and impact that proposed architectural changes will have on the business (to technical and non-technical audiences).
• CCNP – Security, DC, Routing, Switching, PCNSE(Palo Alto) VMWare Certified Professional Standard
Preferred Qualifications – Education & Prior Job Experience
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
• Airline Industry experience or large enterprise with multiple data centers and remote locations
• Design Ansible networking playbooks (and/or via Python scripts, REST API) for, Palo Alto, Cisco IOS/IOS-XE/NX-OS
• Strong experience with Active Directory & DNS
• Virtualization in the network, security and overall infrastructure space
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
• Proven ability to build, cultivate, and promote strong relationships with internal customers at all levels of the organization, as well as with IT counterparts, business partners, and external groups
• Deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between information security, database, middleware, network infrastructure and application services
• Knowledge of what it takes to deploy and execute software defined infrastructure; firewall technologies, intrusion detection/prevention, micro-segmentation, and software defined network, software defined WAN, etc…
• Demonstrated experience functioning and succeeding in a bi-modal IT organization
• Experience presenting key, strategic technical details to Senior Leadership
• Experience working with Agile project management methodologies and tools
• Demonstrated experience with DevOps, ITIL, and platform process & technology, with a progressive track record
• Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and ability to adapt to changing priorities and work environments
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects/work streams and demands efficiently
• Ability to thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment and leverage best practices
• Ability to think strategically and use sound judgment and initiative in making decisions
• Ability to embrace ambiguity and seek clarity
• CCNP – Security, DC, Routing, Switching, PCNSE(Palo Alto) ,VMWare Certified Professional Standard
Language & Communication Skills
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the organization
• Ability to effectively explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience
• Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration, and negotiation skills
• Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Physical ability necessary to safely and successfully perform the essential functions of the position, with or without any legally required reasonably accommodations that do not pose an undue hardship. Note: If the Company has reason to question an employee’s physical ability to safely and/or successfully perform the position’s essential job functions, the HR team generally will engage in an interactive process to determine whether a reasonable accommodation is appropriate. HR (working with the operation) ordinarily first speaks with the employee directly and they mutually identify the physical demands of the job that are or may be impacted by the employee’s obvious or known condition. Then, if necessary, HR would request medical documentation from the employee’s treating physician or others to confirm the employee’s ability to perform those essential job functions safely and successfully.
Section 4 – Essential Job Functions
As noted above, this list is intended to accurately reflect the current job but there may be additional essential (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it deems it appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Install, configure, and manage Palo Alto Firewalls, DSM host based firewalls
• Install and configure B2b tunnels on Palo Alto firewalls for site to site VPN.
• Install and configure Cisco ISE for wireless authentication.
• Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling automation, orchestration, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
• Functions as a technical change agent and influences product direction in order to increase IT business value and simplicity
• Serves as an advocate for business stakeholders into IT and helps evangelize the role of network engineering technology back to the business
• Provides well-considered counsel to leadership and other business service leaders on the strategic two to three-year technology roadmap for all software defined technologies.
• Presents innovate forward thinking concepts and technology to improve business processes
• Contributes to our positive, team-oriented culture by developing and maintaining cooperative relationships, facilitating the resolution of conflicts, and accepting and providing constructive feedback
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com